Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Save the new configuration

Hello! I've a question to configurations. If you have created a new CAM Part you have a particular configuration. In your CAM-session you are able to load a different configuration. To date, it did not succeed, to save the new configuration with my CAM-Part. If I open it again, my old configuration (from creating the CAM-part) is again loaded.

Is there a way to save the new configuration with the CAM-part?

Thank you for your help.

Werner

3 REPLIES

Re: Save the new configuration

Hi Werner,

No. Why would you need this?

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Hi Joachim,

I don't know a reason why not. Let me explain:

We had Templates which we have used for NX8.5. In NX10 we have variant templates because of several reasons. If we load a CAM-Part form NX8.5 and we want to modify it in NX10 we need the Templates for NX10. For ever ;-).
Another example: In NX8.5 we had very special configured Templates for every machine-control. If we had created a CAM-Part for a machin with S840D and after this we had to change the machine to a machine with a different machine-control every time we have opened the CAM-Part there was the wrong templates loaded.

Do you know a reason, why the templates from the last saved configuration should not be stored in the CAM-Part?

Werner

Hi Werner,

I am not sure to have understood your last message.

The CAM configuration is all about the environment for your NX CAM stuff. If one works with File->New a library configuration is to be used. Else one could use the more classic CAM environment like cam_general.dat .

The insert templates (as I call them), this means everything you create by Insert->Operation, Tool, Method, Program are either controlled by an *.opt File or in the case of File->New usage by the template.dat file.

How I am using it is I have a cam_library.dat (set via UGII_CAM_CONFIG or similar). The CAM environment file uses version dependent paths to the current version we are using. I don´t have a mixed environment, but just NX10.

When switching to a new NX version the version related environment makes sure to take the correct environment files.

The environment you use can also be controlled by the NX role you are in. This can be found at quite the beginning of the Manufacturing Customer Defaults. I don´t use this, because I don´t want to have much to do with NX roles.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Learn online

Solution Information