Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a reason why opening the History takes a very long time to appear the preview-icons.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can anybody imagine, why some users have the problem to open the History of the opened CAM-Parts in the past?

2019-08-08 14_49_54-NX - Manufacturing.png

Some users have the problem, that the build up of the review-icons take about 10 to 15 seconds.

Why?

Werner
Production: NX12.0.2, FBM | TcUA 11.4.0.6
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Searching for a reason why opening the History takes a very long time to appear the preview-icon

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Not a direct answer to your question, but...

Note you can right-click in a blank area of the history -> View -> List

This eliminates the need for NX to go out and find all the "pictures" required for all parts (makes things much faster).

Downside is (of course) you lose the pictures, and have to rely on the filename itself to identify the parts...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Re: Searching for a reason why opening the History takes a very long time to appear the preview-icon

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A bit of a stab in the dark but in their history, could it be possible that these users have links to part files that were stored in local or network locations that no longer exist or that the user no longer has access to? (Could be files that were worked on weeks ago).

I know that this can cause issues with other packages, as the software will repeatedly try to access a file a certain number of times before giving up and moving on to the next file.

If this issue is affecting some users and not others, this could be the cause for the delay in loading the preview? Especially if performance is otherwise ok?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You are right, this is not the solution for my problem. I need the preview-pictures. Note that only some users have this problem. So I think there must be a solution for this. Any setting seems to be different.

Werner
Production: NX12.0.2, FBM | TcUA 11.4.0.6
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk

Learn online

Solution Information