Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Operation conditions

Builder
Builder

Hello,

I have an issue with a mapped feature.

For the mapped feature I have created a operation set with tool conditions.

In case that I change the feature for example, I remove a champfer, the feature is still mapped. Thats good!

But now the operation set cannot be created because there is not chamfer and no available tool selection.

Here is the tool selection for the champfer milling operation.

snip_20170621092720.png

Can i define a condition, that just selects the champfer milling operation in case that theANGLE_TOP_CHAMPFER > 0 ? I tried that but this does not work...

In MKE it is not possible to create a condition for the whole operation set.

NX 11.0.1.11
2 REPLIES

Re: Set Operation conditions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Muddi,

You were on the right track; the operation is rejected (and the process continues to search for an alternative operation/tool) if no matching tool can be found. In this case, you still want to have a successfull tool selection. The operation will subsequently be automatically ignored (at least in NX11.0.1)  if your machining feature doesn't have a chamfer.

One way to do that is to make the "tool assignments" conditional:

IF mwf.DEPTH_TOP_CHAMFER > 0 THEN tool.'(C) Chamfer Length' = mwf.DEPTH_TOP_CHAMFER * 2.0

You must do this for all your tool.xxx = mwf.yyy conditions 

Finally, add one more condition to make sure that your operation gets a "dummy" tool assigned if no chamfer exists. Somethink like 

IF mwf.DEPTH_TOP_CHAMFER = 0 THEN tool.libref = "ugt...." 

Make sure to replace my "ugt..." with a libref of a tool that can be used by the operation that you are creating.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Re: Set Operation conditions

Builder
Builder

Thank you, I got it Smiley Happy

NX 11.0.1.11

Learn online

Solution Information