Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Setting up NX CAM and customization

A couple questions, I'm a CAD guy, but have done some CAM stuff about 10 years ago, so I have a basic understanding, but that was in Native.  I'm also very familiar with Rob Cohon's "NXcustom", so I can tweak that.  The new aspect is here we have Teamcenter 10, so I have questions on integrating.

Right now we have the CAM ootb templates in Tc, and custom templates will go there.

How about Postprocessors, can they go in Tc?

Can the postprocessed machine code go in Tc, and be fed to the CNC from Tc?

Essentially we want to put as much in Tc, and keep it managed, as possible.

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Setting up NX CAM and customization

1) posts

They can go in Teamcenter, but I have heard ugly rumours about every time you need to post, it exports ALL the posts outside TC (to a temp area) to use them.  Maybe not a big deal if you have 4 or 5 posts, but if you have 50+ (like I do)  I'm not sure I want to do this now.  Plus I do a lot of strange stuff using "source" that may or may not work (never tested)

2) Postprocessed code:

Yes, it can go into TC.  You want to check out the "A+B solutions" product "Shop Floor Connect for Teamcenter" (you can buy this thru your Siemens Sales rep)

This also has a DNC component

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: Setting up NX CAM and customization

Ken,

That follows along with what I have been learning, and that a "mixed mode" is the best option right now, keeping some items inside, and others outside of TC.

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Learn online

Solution Information