Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Configurations for Different Operations

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to setup setup configurations when deal with the same part in defferent positions in the machine. Currently I'm machining a large plate, and I've imported fixturing equipment and my machine table from my reuse library. When I turn the piece over I will re-add the fixturing equipment and machine table. 

I was wondering if there was a way I could group the table and fixturing equipment together in a folder or something that I could quickly check or uncheck when displaying my part in different setups. Currently the only way I know how to do this is I have to manually check or uncheck each reuse part from the Assembly Navigator. This becomes very tedious after a while. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES

Re: Setup Configurations for Different Operations

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you already taken a look into assembly arrangements?

These are allowing to specify which components should be enabled in which particular arrangement.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Re: Setup Configurations for Different Operations

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Never knew about Assembly Arrangements before. After toying around with it, I have something that works. For people wondering what I'm doing and trying to do I'll make a little video tutorial. Thanks Stefan!

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Learn online

Solution Information