cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Doc Clutter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, I'm fairly new to NX and was hoping I could find out a way to reduce clutter in my folders. When outputting a shop doc, I would like to only generate the HTML file. I don't need the other files that are generated with it like the .gif files and the sort. I'm not sure if this has previously been covered before. 

Thanks

Kyle

3 REPLIES

Re: Shop Doc Clutter

Have you considered using the text versions of the tool or operation list?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Mark,
The text version works well. What I like about the HTML version is that I can attach PMI to the stock size I use and clearly see part orientation at a glance. I made the picture larger for this purpose. Its nice to have since my computer is fairly far from my machine, so if I need something I can just look at the Shop Doc I printed out. The only thing is that if I have a part with 6 or 8 setups, I'll have all the html files plus all the "clutter" that goes along with making the HTML file. I was wondering if there was something I could do to reduce this.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The HTML file doesn't include the GIF files, so they will be separate in any case.

HTML files are not container files, they are pure text files.

To have all in one file, you could convert it into a PDF file using any PDF printer available on the net of the one shipping with NX.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information