Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Shop Doc Excel Template

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I have run into problems in the Excel Template for Shop Doc.

1. Get the sum of two numbers.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX/NX-9-Shop-Docs-Common-Que...

I have done as instructed in the above link, used the following expression, but still cannot get the sum in column six, even when I displayed the html output in Excel.

'= ${mom_tool_length} + ${mom_tool_tapered_shank_length}

Please find the template attached.

2. In my tool list, I list the operations that use the same tool. How can I output the spindle speed of each operation? I want to combine the tool list template and the operation list template, but it seems that the template is constrained by the .tcl code.

Thanks,

Kai

5 REPLIES

Re: Shop Doc Excel Template

The Excel template is only filling out variables, it is not doing any calculations.

To have calculations working, you will have to add a custom variable that contains the result of the calculation and edit the Tcl script to calculate the value of the custom variable, I think.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thanks, Stephan.

I wrote the following lines in the file "shopdoc_excel.tcl". When I tried to get the shop doc in NX, a message poped up "No such variable: mom_tool_length".

global mom_tool_length mom_tool_tapered_shank_length mom_tool_total_length
 set mom_tool_total_length [expr $mom_tool_length + $mom_tool_tapered_shank_length]

Regards,

Kai

add this in a cell to the right of you shop doc to keep it from being printed

'=${mom_tool_length} + ${mom_tool_tapered_shank_length}

Damian Forsythe
Impact Manufacturing Group
NX 10.0.3.5

Thanks.

It still doesn't work.

Regards,

Kai

Hello there,

I still have problem with this. It worked once, and never worked again after that. 

Please find the template attached.

Thanks,

Kai

Learn online

Solution Information