Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Shop Docs precision pre NX9

I have a customer that wants to use Shop Docs html for tools and ops in NX 8.5.  The precedure is pretty straightforward but there are too many decimal places displayed.  I see that since NX 9 the Excell cell format will control the precision of a field.  I tried this but it seems like it makes no difference in NX 8.5.  Before I spend the rest of today trying to cross this hurdle, can anyone tell me if it can be done?

Thanks

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Not-Yet-Retired
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Shop Docs precision pre NX9

George,

This was a PR, and was fixed in NX9. In 8.5 I think you had to open the output in Excel instead of a browser to get around the issue.

You might be able to replace the 8.5 templates by copying th excel_templates folder from a NX9 or newer system. Of course, make a backup of the original first :*)

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

You may need to apply the patch released via SFB-NX-9077.

Thanks for the tips gents.  Mark's suggestion did the trick.

I previously tried copying "shopdoc_excel.tcl" from NX 9 without success but didn't try the whole folder.

Some useful info:

• I used the NX 10 shop doc files
  • My customized xlsx file previously created in NX8.5 still fails to format
  • By re-creating my custom xlsx file after copying the NX 10 folder I got good results

This works out well because the customer will likely be going to NX 10 later this year.  This is way better than outputing in Excel format and re-formatting all the real number cells.

Thanks again.

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation

[ Edited ]

The shopdoc_excel.tcl in NX9 release still had some formatting issues -- that's why we issued the SFB, so that you can replace the file locally.  All the xls templates from NX10 have the cells formatted already; and the format attributes are picked up by the codes in shopdoc_excel.tcl to present (format) the numbers accordingly, even in the browsers.

Learn online

Solution Information