Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Shop Docs

All of a sudden when I try to save the excel spreadsheet as a web page and pick republish then save another box comes up

if I pick any option the shop doc no longer works from NX

Mike

NX 10.0.3.5
Win 7
9 REPLIES

Re: Shop Docs

Do not save the Excel sheet as web page!

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

A gtac engineer told me to publish as a Web Page and it seems to work fine for me.  When I use Save As I select the type as Web Page and also select the entire workbook.

@Stefan 

Why shouldn't we be using web page and what do you use?

NX 11.0.2

I had the same problem and GTAC said it was a bug and sent me replacement excel files with instructions. See attached

If you still have issues and call GTAC, you can reference this PR# 7142285.

Description: Tool List ShopDocs Excel template will not create report after XLS is published.

Ray

Mould_United wrote:

@Stefan 

Why shouldn't we be using web page and what do you use?

I had to go through the process again, since I tested this only once when it was initially released.

You only need to save sheet 1 as HTML, not the entire workbook.

I didn't mean that you shouldn't use HTML, I was just forgetting that you need to save as HTML.

I don't use the Excel based shop docs, since we have everything set up for our text based shop doc, since they have been introduced in NX.

I am also doing some advanced stuff that can't be done in the Excel based shop docs.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

[ Edited ]

I hear you.  We are using tool lists in Excel that are very simple so we do not require a lot of custom cell strings which is fortunate for me since I know only the basics in Excel.

The only problem I had using Excel docs was when we first migrated from 853 to 902 was there was a formatting issue with the OOTB files which would prevent them from working after saving them.  After formating the cells properly the docs worked fine but at first I was at a loss as to what the problem was.

NX 11.0.2

Hi Stefan,

Can you elaborate on the text based shop doc?

Regards,

Bill

Organization, an essential part of Productivity !

Production: NX10.0.3 MP13, VERICUT 8.0
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX11.0, iMachining 2.0, Adaptive Roughing

Just had this problem recently while saving as..., it turns out that previously published items does not work since it is a new document with a different name. I had to select Sheet 1 for it to publish properly....perhaps the reason is wrong but it worked. You can also define a "Print Area" and it will only publish that.

publish_printarea.jpg

Organization, an essential part of Productivity !

Production: NX10.0.3 MP13, VERICUT 8.0
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX11.0, iMachining 2.0, Adaptive Roughing

BJimenez wrote:

Can you elaborate on the text based shop doc?

See %UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\shop_doc\shop_doc.dat for the old text and HTML templates, since they are commented out, they are not showing up in NX.

Learn online

Solution Information