cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Documentation Sheet Format

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

I put together my own tool list template for the shop docs and most of it is coming out fine. I get most of the content I want in the correct format. The cells themselves carry over their own individual formats just fine (the HTML creates "styles" based on each unique cell in the templates). My only issue is with the sheet format.

All of the NX templates are Portrait orientation and I have mine set to Landscape. I also have some custom margin settings. Neither one carries over to the Tool List sheet created from my template through Shop Documentation. NX reverts the created document back to Portrait and assigns some arbitrary margins (not even Excel's default values).

Does anyone have an idea on how to get around this or is this a limitation of the NX Shop Doc feature?

I'm running NX 9.0.3.4 on a Win7 SP1 machine. Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES

Re: Shop Documentation Sheet Format

Experimenter
Experimenter

I made a macro in excel that converts it to a .PDF. Basically a record macro that sets all the margins, and then does a save as .pdf. You have to do a save as of the existing file before doing a .pdf export though.

ou have to have the .xlsm file open so you can hit F8 and run the macro.

How to create PDF from html file:

1. Open html file in excel that is inside “TOOL LIST” folder
  2. F12 (save as)
  • ENTER
  • ALT [Y] (clears message)
  • ALT [Y] (clears message)
  1. ALT [F8]
  • ENTER TO RUN MACRO
  1. PDF FILE IS NOW CREATED IN “TOOL LIST” FOLDER

Re: Shop Documentation Sheet Format

Experimenter
Experimenter

I suppose I could set up macros to finish formatting the tool sheet but if there is a quicker way to do it in NX that I'm missing, that'd be preferred. It's a good idea though, thank you.

Adam

Learn online

Solution Information