Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shop Documentation

Genius
Genius

Over two years and they still did not fix it.  How do they expect to stay in business?  It's a new feature they added and does not work from day one.

We do our Shopdocs right now as HTML files so that the operator can view them online.  Too bad the new Shop Docs do  not work.

Jerry,

The out of the box samples should display correctly in either the browser or Excel.

I'm not sure why you are seeing something different - I tried on of our samples in 8.5.3 and 10, and the formatting look fine in the IE browser.

To make sure it's nothing part-specific, perhaps you could open cam_sample_mill_contour_setup_1 and run the tool list on program SOLID_PROFILE_3D_PROCESS, and see if the formatting is still off.

You could also contact GTAC and have them run the OOTB tool list on your part in a more current release, and compare results.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

No, it's not part specific.  I tried the sample part file you suggested and please see the attachement.

If you open that file in Excel it looks ok.   Meaning the fields are formatted correctly without all those decimal points, no data outside the table, etc. 

Now I tried that same sample file on a computer that has IE9.0 and IE10.0.

My system has IE11.0  They all have the same problem when the tool list is diplayed in HTML format using the IE.

Calling GTAC is useless, they will tell me what you told me, it works on their system!

I tried it on several workstations and none of them display it correctly.

I can't even begin customizing the tool sheet if it does not work right to begin with.

Jerry

NX8.5.2 Win7 64bit

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Jerry -

Do you run in a "customized" environment (e.g. Rob Cohon's, or something you put together yourself?)

If so, (and you haven't tested this already) try running from an "as installed" environment & see if things work better there.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Highlighted

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I had a customer a while back who reported the problem with the zeros.

We tracked it down to the compatibility view in IE not being turned on.

My understanding is that in IE11 you can't turn the mode on, so we ended up editing the shop doc html templates so that they forced the right style.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I can confirm that compatibility view is part of the problem you are seeing. Specifically, the incorrect column widths and overwriting of fields. If you are running IE 10, you can force compatibility mode on for every web site and the HTML will display correctly except for the fact that there are too many digits displayed after the decimal point. The number of decimal digits has been corrected in NX 9.

I have run Mark's suggested test in NX 9.0.3 MP2 and the HTML displays correctly with or without compatibility mode in IE 10 and on Window 8 with IE 11.

Steve Scigliano

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with excel docs.  My docs display fine in Firefox and although our output is 99% complete there are still sometimes a couple bits of info I add manually so I edit the html file in Word.  However, whether or not I edit them in Word they still display correctly in Firefox35 and IE10.  I used to have the same issue as you when I tried excel docs initially but after we migrated to 9.0.2 from 8.5.X it worked.  For a test I created a tool list doc using the default shopdoc_template_English_tool_list_select template and looks fine in Firefox35 and IE10 which by the way is also the template I started with for our customized doc.  I wonder if your problem is with 8.5.X?  Perhaps someone with 8.5 can chime in...

I really like the excel docs over the old html docs.  They both give us what we require on the shop floor but, not knowing much tcl-tk, it was way easy for me to customize the excel docs.  Probably basic compared to what some people need to output but excel docs work quite well for us.

NX 12.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information