Siemens CSE samples and reading fixture offsets

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I just wondered if there is a way to read in fixture offsets like this:

$P_UIFR[1,X,TR]= 0.000
$P_UIFR[1,Y,TR]= 24.000
$P_UIFR[1,Z,TR]= 20.370

in any of the OTB siemens cse examples (I am using NX8.5.2.3mp0 sim16) - or whether I need machine configurator to set it up?

N40 D1
N50 TRAORI
N60 G54
N70 TRANS
N80 AROT Y40.364
N90 AROT X6.786
N100 G0 A6.786 B40.364
N110 G60 G90 X1.2298 Y6.8079 S0 M3

ISV is showing the replay as if zeros in fixture offset.

If these won't read in as above - is there another way to set the fixture offsets by program in the otb samples?

Thanks, Dan

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro
4 REPLIES

Re: Siemens CSE samples and reading fixture offsets

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Study,

you can read the offset values by adding the $P_UIFR variable with its parameter to the CSE Develpoment Tools Dialog

$P_UIFR.png

You have to activate the CSE dev Tools in the Customer Default settings as shown here

CSE_dev_toolss_Customer_defaults.jpg

What do yoou mean with "ISV is showing the replay as if zeros in fixture offset."? I´t´s not clear to me what you need. Please explain it in more detail.

Thanks and Greets

ThomasF

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Thomas,

I was wrong about my version - I forgot that they want NX7.5.5.4mp6 replay - that is what I have open. I have the sim16 cse out of NX8.5.2.3 in this machine kit. I don't have that check box in customer defaults (where you show.) As you point out - I should verify that the fixture offset is read and known to ISV - but even if it is - it is not being used. This application is a little different for me. The machine is a horizontal mill head table (B table A head) with traori used in all cutting. I believe that fixture offsets should move the origin in table B0 perspective. When I replay with cl positions (meaning leave the positions relative to the main mcs in the post) - motion is in the right place. I do not have the "NX32406 Machine Configurator Advanced" license (yet.) In NX cam - I have a main mcs and a use main local. The output from the post moves the cl locations relative to the locals which is not typical. I know that some cse examples are somehow getting information from the cam mcs setup and would ignore any offsets set in G code - is that the problem here? If so - is there a way to disconnect this without Machine Configurator - or do any of the otb samples let a read in fixture offset override it?

Thanks, Dan

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Dan,

with NX75 its not possible to display the CSE-Develpoment Tools. We introduced it, I assume, with NX80 but latest with NX85.I have not installed anyversion of it on my computer to check it.

As you mentioned, there are two possibilities to handle offset information which can be switched by a setting in the MCF (where you need a Machine Configurator Advanced License). This setting is called GV_bUseLoadOffset=TRUE/FALSE which can be found under Methods --> "CSEInitializeChannel" (initialy this method is inside the CCF, for editing you have to copy it to the MCF file)

The S840D OOTB samples don´t use the LoadOffset, that means the PP must provide the Offset Information (-->to_ini.ini/$P_UIFR). The FANUC sample uses the LoadOffset mechanism. That means the offset informationen are read out from the CAM-Setup.  

It´s more a general remark to your issue. You mentioned  "..I believe that fixture offsets should move..." My question for that is: You believe, you expect or you know how the real machine behaves? At first make clear how the real machine behaves and than transfer this to the simulation. When you can say that the NC Code is correct and the simulation is different to the real machine than you have to edit something in the cse driver. Until it´s not clear it you´ll waste a lot of time to have a working solution.

ThomasF

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info. My comment means regarding one axis (of two) of table traori - I have not worked with that situation yet. All machines I have used traori with have been with rotaries of head type. The machine is not installed yet - and I am not at the location anyway. I am asking questions to the machine tool builder. I am not sure this machine and application is typical for them. My post moves the point coordinates from NX to be relative to the local MCS that is of type "Use Main" and locationas are no changed by rotation (mom_mcs_goto with only a translation.) We have been quoted machine configurator and are waiting for some projects that will help pay for it. With the license - do I get the equivalent of "Machine offsets" form/display from Vericut to know what is considered ) ie frames/transformations?

Thanks again, Dan

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information