Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Simulating Fanuc subprogram.

Is anyone having any luck simulating an external gcode file that contains subprograms in Machine Simulator? The programs I am trying to simulate have a M98P#### and then have a O#### at the bottom of the file with a M99 to return it back to the main program. This is all done in the same gcode file.
I keep getting an error that says the program can't be found once it calls the M98 line.
NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2
9 REPLIES

Re: Simulating Fanuc subprogram.

Hello

for simulation with subprograms and cycles it is needed to have each program in a separate file.

One file for the main program with the M98 call and a subprogram file ####.ptp. In the subprogram file the first lien is then O####.

Then it will work.

It will not work if all program are in one file.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Please put in an enchancement request. I don't have much experience using the simulation, but I would think that if the real machine can do something than the one on the computer should be able do it too?

Using NX 8.0.3.4

I agree and I will put one in. I was able to get it to work using Tom's method. The main issue that I have is now we are not simulating the actual g-code that is run on the floor. Yes I am only copying and pasting out the subs but there is still some room for error.

NX 10.0.2 PB 10.0.2

Hi is there any enhancement done on M98 P working as I am also facing the same issue in simulation it says cant find the subprogram.

On a Fanuc control, when the NC file is loaded it puts the Sub programs into separate files in the control. 

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Hi ,,

So I have define a subprogram file named 71.prg(kept this file in subprogram folder of cse_drivers) in case of M98 P71 but the Simulation gives error :"saying program O071 not found ".

I tried with P1 also not working at all.

Regards

Keerti

Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎04-28-2017 02:58 PM

Please name the file:

O0071.prg

Hope that helps

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

And in case it isn't obvious...(it took me a second to realize...)

"letter Oh"-"number zero"-"number zero"-"seven"-"one"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

working thankyou

Learn online

Solution Information