Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Selection Problems/error messages

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all, 

I recently downloaded NX12.0.0.27. 

One problem I am is a Machine Tool Simulation message saying "More than one object in the ONT is selected for simulation. This is not supported. You can create a program group and place all operations in it. Switching to tool path based simulation." 

Example: I have 5 toolpaths in a program. If I select 1 toolpath, I can simulate the toolpath just fine, no messages. If I select 2 or more toolpaths or all the toolpaths, i get this message. I dont get the message if i select the program folder to simulate the toolpaths.  I did not have this problem when using NX11.0.0.3.  Is there a way to fix this?  

Another message I get is a Simulation Engine message saying "the following axes cannot be found in the kinematic model: B,S,U,V,W.  My machine does not have these axes. Is there a way to shut this error message off? 

10 REPLIES

Re: Simulation Selection Problems/error messages

Legend
Legend
Your second problem with the simulation error.

Please remove the axis and channels in your MCF-File.
For Axis S this is the Spindle axis and should be defined in your machine kinematics.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

about the first topic you describe we do have an ER created for.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Pioneer
Pioneer
Why does Nx12 prompt this message but earlier versions don't (nx9,nx10,nx11)?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thomas, Where do I find this? Its not really an enhancement. Its almost as if it was broken. I was able to select multiple toolpaths in earlier versions of NX (NX9,NX10,NX11).
Thanks for your help!

Siemens Phenom

The main target is to bring the modules of posting in the system in synchronisation.

Today 'pure' posting will not allow select multiple operation. But using Simulation where the system need to post upfront did it until NX11. That could result in differences between the posted NC code and the NC code posted for simulation. That need to be avoided. With our continuously improvements we will further enhance it. That is why we do have an ER for that topic.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for your help. Sounds like Ill be waiting on an MP or MR.

I have just run into another issue maybe you can help. My simulation is not recognizing what I have set in Machine Control. In Start of Path Events, I use the Rotate command frequently to flip My C-axis. I set rotation Axis to Caxis, Type to Absolute and check angle status, set Angle to 180 or -180 whichever direction I'm trying to go. Again in earlier versions of NX this worked just fine. Any thoughts? Thank again for your help!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@dbfoster24 wrote:
Thanks for your help. Sounds like Ill be waiting on an MP or MR.

It is more in the vicinity of one or two major releases, enhancements are seldom implemented within a shorter time-frame.

@SpaceTom, for tool path simulation the selection restriction could be lifted or is this also part of the ER?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Siemens Phenom

Hello Stefan,

as far as I see the restrictions do not apply to Tool Path Based simulation.

Hope that helps

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer
How do I open the MCF file. Is there a certain software needed? Can I open it in a session of NX? if so, How (in detail)?

Learn online

Solution Information