Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Simulation - Threads don´t move with WAVE linked body

Hi,

First of all I´d like to wish you a happy and successful new year!

I have the following issue.

When using a WAVE linked body with threads in a CAM part, in Simulate the threads of the body don´t move with the parts body when e.g. the machines table rotates (see picture). The curves that display the thread remain displayed at the position of the original WAVE linked body.

In the picture you can see the part that is mounted on the table in the right bottom. It that has been moved to that location by the rotated table.

In the left top you can see the thread curves that remain at the location of the WAVE linked body.

I understand the thread curves are not part of the part of the Workpiece. Nevertheless, the display is quite annoying for complex parts.

Does anyone know a solution to prevent the threads from not moving? Have you had this issue, too?

Thanks upfront

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
1 REPLY

Re: Simulation - Threads don´t move with WAVE linked body

Hi,

when selecting all thread curves as Part, then the thread curves move with the part.

@Siemens: It can't be true this is the only solution. Then I request e.g. WAVE linking to not consider Threads, but to let the user have to wave link every single thread curve (sarcasm end)
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Learn online

Solution Information