Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of Sinumerik probing cycles.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I am looking into simulating the Sinumerik probing cycles: CYCLE978,CYCLE977,CYCLE997 etc. I have a copy of all the sub-programs from the Sinumerik controller in our workshop, which I have added to the CSE setup. However the sub-programs call lots of variables that are not defined, many of which are arrays. These can of course be created in the MCF file but one can only guess what they should be set to. Am I missing something? Have these cycles ever been simulated in CSE? The MEAS command is supported. Incredibly, the Renishaw Inspection Plus cycles for Sinumerik simulate virtually out-of-the-box. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Simulation of Sinumerik probing cycles.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Jules,

you are totally right; simulate the Sinumerik Probing cycles can be a challenging task. You are facing known topic like missing variables and missing related description for them. Some time ago we plan for an enhancement, but that was not done. Sorry but I do not have any further information to help you on that topic.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Re: Simulation of Sinumerik probing cycles.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

For CSE simulation I have a SIMPLIFIED subprogramm for cycles, of course, not real simulation but enough for me and my customer. And I can add - Siemens measuring cycles more complex vis heid or O98** FANUC.

Learn online

Solution Information