Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous 5Axis cut direction

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I would like to know how to choice the cut direction in a 5 axis operation, for example if I am in this situation:

image.png

and I want to go from point A to point B (or from B to A) and not around the model, how can I do that?

Thank you very much

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Simultaneous 5Axis cut direction

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

it depends also on drive method

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, but I tried different drive settings but nothing to do. I don't think it has to be so difficult, simply need to follow surface from A to B.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think some more information is needed to fully understand the problem. Are you asking how to change the Cut Pattern and specify what Cut Angle to use? If you are using the Variable Contour operation for example, you can edit the Drive Method and choose the Zig or Zig Zag pattern and specify a Cut Angle in the same direction as A to B (or B to A).

Perhaps you just need a single cut from A to B on a straight line. In this case, change the Drive Method to Curve/Point and choose a curve ending at those two points.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding your question completely. Maybe you are asking more about the direction of the tool axis or something else. Describe your workflow in more detail and someone will help.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you,

this is  a tool path that could be good:

image.png

cut direction is the blue line, now what I would like is more blue lines (for example with an offset of 0.2mm) in the entire surface. Please ignore the operation, it isn't an operation that I will do on the machine, it's only to understand how cut direction works.

Thank you

Phenom
Phenom

What operation and drive method are you using?

If surface area, you can use scallop, or a "number" for your stepover. Send some screen shots of your dialog. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP10 Primarily CAM

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
@Aidoru
Again. As I said it depends on drive method. In some methods you can change pattern and direction.
---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you, did it

image.png

Learn online

Solution Information