Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Slow down in corner

Seems hit or miss to get it to work right. Using a 1/2" Dia keyway to machine an internal undercut with a .250 radius. Seem slow down in corner does not like this since technically there isn't a "corner".

I've tried

Finish Wall

Facemilling

Cavity Mill

Planar Profile

Solid Profile Wall

Solid Profile 3d

Tried assigning the corner geometry in boundaries a custom feed rate of 50%. Nothing seems to be working. I guess my only solution is to redraw the part with a .255 radius?

NX11.0.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Slow down in corner

Can you show a picture?

For sure if there is no direction change, the system will not sense a corner.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I redrew the part with a .253 radius to try to force it to see a corner but no go.

NX11.0.1

[ Edited ]

In nx8.5 I remember in cut area you could select a face and set custom feed rates ? I guess that doesn't work anymore? I guess it makes sense that the radius face is being ignored.

NX11.0.1

The slowdown you see in cutting is an old function based on the "corners" in the path - at each sharp corner, what is the angle to the next move. With the .253 radius in the part, the path should have a .003 radius and no corners at all - the moves are tangent. You need the path to turn 90 deg left. I am not sure which processors will use the old corner slowdown, but for sure there needs to be a direction chage in the path - not tangent.

Have you tried optimizing the feed rate? If the solid part and IPW/blank are there, you might be able to get what you want there. It will slow down when it sees more material in the corner.  You can apply it when generating or afterwards on an existing path.

In cut area you can assign customn stock to the faces. If you use area milling it will pick that up.

If you want to go the custom stock route, I would extract the edges, break them in to short segments, and then create a boudary for planar milling.  

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Is there a feature to break a curve into multiple segments?
Or do I have to do it by hand in sketch?

NX11.0.1

Dstryr wrote:
Is there a feature to break a curve into multiple segments?
Or do I have to do it by hand in sketch?

Edit > Curve > Divide

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Broke the curves into 12 sections each. The ones closest to the corner get feed rate of 50%. It only outputs correctly on the final pass. I tried feed rate optimization as well. No luck.

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information