Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Special Purpose UDEs

Hi,

another question related to UDE.

My colleagues and me know exactly which UDE are supported by our about 300 post processors.

To give the end user less areas to make mistakes we intend to remove all UDE that are not supported by our post.

When dealing with angular heads we came across a UDE (I think it was called HEAD) that can control the head rotation angle in Simulate.

Are there more special purpose UDE with similar behaviour I am not aware of? Most of the other UDE just influence our CLS.

Thanks

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSchraitle
‎02-10-2016 04:04 AM

Re: Special Purpose UDEs

[ Edited ]

The "HEAD" ude is used with linked posts to select the desired post, for example Mill and Turn for mill/turns.

Other ones we use on occasion, I don't know if you would call them Special Purpose or not but we have not had to customize them.

Lock Axis, Go Home, Sequence Number, Rotate

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSchraitle
‎02-10-2016 04:04 AM

To see an assortment of UDEs, I would look at those included with our machine tools.

If you start at MACH\resource\library\machine\installed_machines and search files for ".cdl" you will see lots of files to review.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi all,

thanks for your replies.

I will have a look into the machine specific UDEs.

Nevertheless, it may be I will post from time to time a question regarding the intended purpose of a specific UDE.

Mark: In my optinion ude.cdl should have a single line comment for each UDE about its indended purpose. Similar as it can be seen in e.g. ugii_env_ug.dat . UDEs should not treated as secrets a customer or a post writer has to find out on his own.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

"In my optinion ude.cdl should have a single line comment for each UDE about its indended purpose. Similar as it can be seen in e.g. ugii_env_ug.dat . UDEs should not treated as secrets a customer or a post writer has to find out on his own." 

I don't see them as "secret". They are there ready to use or not. How you implement them or add more of them is your opportunity to make the output from the post better for your end users.  I connot expect the developers to know how I intend on using a UDE, Thats why they are called User Defined Events.

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace Connecticut
www.senioraeroct.com
Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.0
Development: Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information