Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification instead of Manifestation

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have made an new Item in TeamCenter (8.1) and imported an 3D model (UGMASTER) from my operating system. After this I imported an CAM part (UGPART) which was also located on my operating system. Now, when I want to open my CAM part, which should be a manifestation, has become an specification. Anyone ideas how this is possible?

"NX7.5 Manufacturing" Image

Specification_Manifestation.JPG

"Open Part File" Image

Open_Part_Specification_Manifestation.JPG

5 REPLIES

Re: Specification instead of Manifestation

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Most likely something was done wrong during import.

Try to create a new dataset, make sure it is "manifestation" data set type, then inport the CAM part.  You will (probably) have to re-pick component(s).

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

How can I be sure, I'm adding a manifestation dataset type?

New_Dataset.JPG

In this dialog box, I chose to use the "UG Part", it's OK, right?

Genius
Genius

Check the default relationship type for each dataset. If you are not sure, get in touch with your Teamcenter administrator.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure either (I'm an NX guy, not a TC guy).

But... I would STRONGLY suggest you consider this:

Instead of storing your NC program parts as manifestation datasets inside the "engineering" part item, store them as separate items .

Item type = MENCMachining

This way they can be released/revised independantly of releasing/revising the engineering part (has your shop EVER wanted to replace one tool with another, or change how the part was cut? - if so, having a separate item is preferable, as you can release the existing program, and "Save as" to the next revision, without having to "revise" the engineering part)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Well that's exactly what I'm trying to do!

But I had to import some parts from native to TC. Then I got the problem with specificiation in stead of manifestation.

But MENCMachining, I've changed a lot of things,configuration files, pax-files, CAM Component Type=Target etc. but it isn't working properly yet.

Can you tell me some more about it? How should my MENC Item structure look like?

Thanks!

Learn online

Solution Information