Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Speeds and Feeds: Reset from Table

[ Edited ]

Hello! 

Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to receive spindle-speed of User Defined Tools with the function "Reset from Table"? The function always tries to calculate the spindle-speed based on the diameter of the tool and the cutting-speed. But User Defined Tools have no diameter, so the spindle-speed is allways 0. I've testet it in NX10 OOTB and I don't get a spindle-speed.

Another idea: We have TDM for storing technology-data. There the spindle-speed is already calculated and it would not be necessary to do it again. Is there a way to get this spindle-speed directly?

Thanks

Werner

7 REPLIES

Re: Speeds and Feeds: Reset from Table

Note somewhere in the feed/speed tables there is a way to specify a tool's info directly.  I forget which file it is, but possibly this could work (although you would have to determine the proper value ahead of time).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

You use the tool machining data to specify the fixed feeds and speeds for a library tool despite of the part material and cutting method.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

[ Edited ]

Reset from table is fairly obsolete for milling.

Set Machining Data should use the diameter of the tracking point that is selected as drive point in the operation.

Ar as Stefan mentioned - use tool machining data.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi! Thanks for your posts. Does anyone know, whether it is possible to use this way (with Machining Data) in communication with the TDM-database?

Werner

I think the TDM interface has a setting or button of its own to apply machining data from its own library.

Best would be to check with your TDM representative, since they know their software, Siemens doesn't know third party software.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Talk to TDM and see if they can derive the diameter from the drive point like we do.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi

I have experimented with reset from table and set machining data options. Both have disadvantages. With reset from table the stepover is not taken into formula that finds speeds and feeds. Set machining is again limited. Only one set of spindle speed and feed can be omitted to tool. And stepover and cut depth is fixed - that means not optimized operations and loss of machining time.

What I did was modify the speed feed search engine file ( speed_feed.tcl). Now I have option to search automatically speeds feeds for tool by tool, part material, method, stepover and cutting depth. Here is a link for video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKRF72uO3M

Marek

Learn online

Solution Information