Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Starting with Synchronization Manager

While starting with Synchronization Manager, I found some things I may need some advice with.

is there anything like a "Wait Until other channel's M Code/Mark"?

e.g., I have a Synchronization Mark active for spindle, but while synched I want one channel to wait for antoher in a specific move.

and also, isn't there like a Desync command?

Thank you very much !

3 REPLIES

Re: Starting with Synchronization Manager

If you want to remove all syncs, right-click on the synced object (typically a group) -> (I think) Toolpath -> remove synchronization

Without editing the post to alter the OOTB sync behavior, expand to the G/M code view and drag the one sync to the desired move.

If you want to alter the OOTB sync behavior, I have used the "text" field to supply values to the post, so the post then can change the output of the sync codes as desired.  You will need to edit PB_CMD_handle_sync_event to deal appropriately with mom_synchronization_mark_text variable, then add other code to do what you want.  You may need to add UDEs & handers if you can't figure out other ways to do it.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Hi,

It would be helpful, if someone can share how eaxctly i have to start working with Snchronization

manager. To elaborate, i have a machine with 2 spindles and a post. do i need to have a specialized post for that to woek with ISV? how, i should make a program in NX CAM sync compatible.Thanks in Advance.

ET_MFG wrote:

Hi,

It would be helpful, if someone can share how eaxctly i have to start working with Snchronization

manager. To elaborate, i have a machine with 2 spindles and a post. do i need to have a specialized post for that to woek with ISV? how, i should make a program in NX CAM sync compatible.Thanks in Advance.

I would start by looking at one of the samples, such as sim15:

Menu > Help > Manufacturing Tutorials > Open Sample Part >  sim15_millturn_setup_sinumerik_mm_dual_sync

Right click on the program group, Tool Path > Post or Tool Path > Synchronize

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information