cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of an IR, ER or PR...where to check ?

Genius
Genius

I have a list of IR/ER/PR numbers. I would like to see the software versions in which these are addressed. All these IRs, ERs or PRs are not raised by me or my company or my re-seller hence can not find these on any of the GTAC page using my login which is tagged to my sold-to ID.

I might be looking at wrong place.

My question is - How and where can I check the status of each? any idea ?

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9
7 REPLIES

Re: Status of an IR, ER or PR...where to check ?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are interested in knowing when they have been fixed, you could always file a "me too" IR.

Similar to

"I think I am having the same issue as IR xxxxxxx, could you link this IR to that IR"

I would suggest providing your own test files, just in case your issue is NOT the other IRs issue (while it may look the same, it may actually be a different issue).

This also lets development know that more than 1 user is having the problem

Without doing that, I'm not sure.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Thanks Ken for your reply.

I can file 'me too' IR but its a long list. Another challenge I will face to provide a test case for each, which is time consuming and if they test that in their environment, GTAC may not get the problem !

I need this information for our PLM upgrade project. Depending on the issues resolved, open issues and their impact on our setup will help us decide the Teamcenter and NX version, maintenance pack and any hot fix required.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

GTAC can check the status of any IR/ER/PR, but legally, I don't know if they are permitted to give you the status of a call that is not yours.

If you don't get anywhere, please PM me. I may already be meeting with your CAM leaders regularly.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Thanks Mark for your help. I will send you list if I don't get the information required.

I do not understand why Siemens do not have any portal where people can look for the information which I have asked ?

Siemens publish fixed PRs when they release a new version. But if anyone want to check the problems in the version to which they are upgrading, there is no place except to upgrade and test themselves. This increases cost for upgrade even after paying maintenance fee. Also it increases business risk and may result in loss of production hours !

So if we get this information before upgrading, people can plan,budget and upgrade smoothly knowing the mitigated risk.

Siemens can control the access and information shared to people based on different criteria, rather than everyone asking Siemens !

Please pass this message to concerned people :-)

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The issue is there may be company propietary information in the PR.

So Siemens would have do something to convert the PR text into a "generic" description, which (I'm guessing) they don't want to spend the $$ on.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Mak_Jo wrote:

Siemens publish fixed PRs when they release a new version. But if anyone want to check the problems in the version to which they are upgrading, there is no place except to upgrade and test themselves. This increases cost for upgrade even after paying maintenance fee. Also it increases business risk and may result in loss of production hours !

So if we get this information before upgrading, people can plan,budget and upgrade smoothly knowing the mitigated risk.

The list of fixed PRs is published with the release, so you can revirew it BEFORE you upgrade. You do not need to upgrade to get the list of fixed PRs.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius
Hi,

I am concerned about IR/PR/ER which are NOT fixed in the versions we are upgrading to and know their status/plan so that we can have some workaround/hot fixes in advance before upgrade. I know I can review the list of fixed PRs before upgrade.
BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Learn online

Solution Information