cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Drill definition

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have a situation where I have to defined complex cutter and after reading this post I thought it was the way to go. After exporting in the library I tried to go back to them and edit them manually but I couldn't find the "step" definition. Also, when we import some of those tool some have all the previously defined step but some are missing some. I wanted to know where I could find the value where the steps are defined so I could go back and correct the missing information.

Thank you for your help and time.

5 REPLIES

Re: Step Drill definition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

if the tool is in tool_database.dat, then step drills are in segmented_tool_database.dat

Note if you use CAM configuration files (...\MACH\resource\configuration\)

there are separate entries for each of the above (plus 2 more for the holder & tracking point files):

LIBRARY_TOOL,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR}dbc_tool_ascii.def,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR}dbc_tool_ascii.tcl
LIBRARY_SEGMENTED_TOOL,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR}segmented_tool_ascii.def,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR}segmented_tool_ascii.tcl
Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Without the "close braces" which hose up the display....

LIBRARY_TOOL,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR(close brace)dbc_tool_ascii.def,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR(close brace)dbc_tool_ascii.tcl
LIBRARY_SEGMENTED_TOOL,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR(close brace)segmented_tool_ascii.def,${UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_ASCII_DIR(close brace)segmented_tool_ascii.tcl
Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

You should not need to manually edit the library files.  I think it would be safer for you to retireve the step drill you added, edit it, export it, and replace the previous one. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

I do agree that it would be safer, however it'll be way quicker to edit the tools manually with notepadd++ for about 80 tools rather than do them one by one, but thank you for the advice.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I didn't think of checking the segmented_tool_database and it was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

Learn online

Solution Information