cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to use Post Configurator

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi All,

Does anybody suggest me how i can get the steps to use the Nx Post Configurator?

4 REPLIES

Re: Steps to use Post Configurator

Enter "Post Configurator" in the Command Finder, or to go Menu > Tools > Post Configurator, or select CAM Advanced role and look in the Tools group on the far right of the ribbon.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You will find more details in the NX Help under Manufacturing --> Post Configurator.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

The search for "Post Configurator" in NX Help (10.0.3.5) yields no results. Obviously I am another user of a Mach Advanced licence who lost quite some time figuring out how to enable Post Configurator functionality (just sent a request for a newer license file to my local distributor, our current one is from early 2015).

It the last weeks I am struggling with a kinematic model for one of our machine tools, but I must say I lost days trying to break through a terribly underdocumented subject. The document "Working_with_OOTB_MACH_Simulation_Examples" is for sure of some help, but for a user who is not developing new CSE models but merely wants to adapt the existing ones, a document which explains (as a part of NX Help) in a simple way the interplay between the Post Builder, kinematic model, and a CSE controller, would really be appreciated (e.g. say in plain words that if the Manufacturing setup includes the kinematic model, the offsets for 4th and 5th axis in Post Builder are irrelevant since these are queried by the post processor from KIM).

Bostjan 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Related to the Post Configurator documentation, please check out that link.

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/nx.shtml

With NX11.0 all the documentation will be fully integrated into the NX Help.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Learn online

Solution Information