cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supress Path If Less Than Minimum Volume

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi

i'm trying to use the Volume Removed calculation under Cutting parameters, Containment, Supress Path If Less Than Minimum Volume.

the problem is that no matter what i do it always calcualte 100% as if all the material was removed.

but if you persent the IPW you clearly see there is still material which was not removed

supress_if_less_than_volume.jpg

what i'm i doing wrong?

Thanks

Yahel

4 REPLIES

Re: Supress Path If Less Than Minimum Volume

100% means it removed all of the material it was supposed to.

We need to see this operation in context with the other operations in geometry view. What does the IPW or blank look like before this operation? If it is a block, then I would expect it to cut the material as shown. 

This parameter is used to eliminate operations that only cut a small amoutn of material. In the sample part attached, you can see that all 5 operations will generate, but 2 of them are supressed because they did not cut enough, leaving more material for the following operations. tool_min_material.jpg

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What is it your trying to do with this command? Your question sounds like your trying to leave a certain amount of material?

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 11.0.1.11 MP6 Primarily CAM

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi

What i'm trying to do is to calculate the precentage of the material the operation removes out of the overall material that still needs to be removed.

Thanks
Yahel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

From the documentation below. This is for suppressing the path if total volume removed does not meet the defined percentage. It is not for defining the total percentage to be removed from the existing volume.

Now another question maybe some else can answer. Is the material percentage based on total IPW volume, or does it take into account the volume of the part. Meaning, does the remaining IPW volume =(IPW - Part)???

Or better yet is it the volume of only what was to be cut in the operation in question?

Minimum Volume %

Defines how much of the remaining material an operation must cut to output its tool path.

If an operation does not meet this percentage:

• Its tool path is suppressed from output and does not affect the IPW.

• The Path column in the Operation Navigator shows a status of suppressed  for the operation's tool path

• The operation row is displayed in the suppressed path color.

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 11.0.1.11 MP6 Primarily CAM

Learn online

Solution Information