Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect object information

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello,

Does anyone know, why this informatiion is showed?

Operation used suspect geometry. Validate tool path for reliability

I check all the possibilities (patches, bad geometry, imports, heal geometry, different operations) but no results.

In verification tool doesn't gouge the part, the tool path is clear and correct.

The problem occurs only in Cavity mill and Z-level operations.

My question, is it safe to use path like this to postprocess?

Błąd geometrii.jpg

Best regards,

Jack29

10 REPLIES

Re: Suspect object information

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

See if any of the geometry objects (curves/edges, faces, etc.) have a "SUSPECT..." (IIRC "SUSPECT939") attribute assigned?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

push workpiece=>specify part display button and see problem area.İf your toolpath working on that area maybe you can get a gauge.

-----------------------------------------
NX 11.0.2.7 MP10 / Testing NX 12.0.2.9
CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You said Verification does not gouge the part but I would also use Analyze and Gouge Check as well.  Also use replay to look at the operation path itself.  Even though the error is telling you something is wrong with some geometry that does not mean the operation will post incorrectly.   One thing to be careful of is sometimes a face or faces can be so bad that gouge check may not tell you accurately if the tool is gouging or not because the geometry is bad.

If you have actual tool gouging you can re-model the bad area.  Sometimes that may not work because there is a lot of bad geometry surounding a large area.  If that doesn't work you might try to create a seperate surface to cover the bad area where the tool is gouging and include it in your part geometry.  I had to do that in some bad cases and it worked well.   

Native NX models have always worked great for me but customer supplied data from other cad systems is where I see occasional problems.  

NX 12.0.2

When you have a tool path that uses suspect geometry, display the part geometry from within the operation.

You will see white dashed boxes around the areas of suspect geometry.

I would always use "heal geometry" and the "optimize wizard" from synchronous modeling for imported geometry to get a clean body.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

FYI if you use Heal Geometry and it returns a result showing zero issues fixed for types your model may be worse off than you can see.  Also, keep a close eye when using Optimize Face.  It used to be possible to eliminate important faces but I have not used it lately so I cannot say for sure.

NX 12.0.2

Generally you should also always use "check geometry" and select all, so that not only the body but also faces and edges are checked.

Most users forget to select everything and only check the body, which is not resulting in a good overview about the bodies quality.

Issues that should be corrected to avoid common problems in CAM are:

1. any body related issues
  2. spikes, cuts and self-intersections of faces
  3. edge tolerances above your general modeling tolerance
    • in our case this could be 0.02 mm and above depending on what we do, since our general modeling tolerance is 0.01 mm
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Thanks for the answers, but I still can not solve the problem. 

I check everythink once again and I will report what I find. 

I add, that heal geometry does not fix anything. I tried work on the extracted geometry and NX showed the same error. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can see problem area,look at my jpeg file and than you should correct your data. 

-----------------------------------------
NX 11.0.2.7 MP10 / Testing NX 12.0.2.9
CanikSoft NC Post-Processing & G-Code Simulation
www.plast-met.com.tr
www.caniksoft.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
If an area has some problems then extracted faces are basically just bad copies. Also if you use extracted curves or face edges from a bad area you may end up with another bad surface so to get rid of errors completely you may have to rebuild the problem area on the model. If a tool is diving through a face you can try making a new surface but create new curves when you do it.

Did you ascertain if your posted code was not gouging? Just because you are getting a geometry error does not mean the tool is gouging.
NX 12.0.2

Learn online

Solution Information