cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching kinematics issue

Phenom
Phenom

hello,

I switch kinematics by reseting kinematics values and MOM_reload_kinematics to AC (A 45 deg head)

- > A and C values are OK but calculated spatial angles are wrong, zeroes. SPA0 SPB0 SPC0

Or - when I set axis vector (4th ax vec 101) in general page of Postbuilder, it works , but after setting it manually and reloading kinematics in CMD, in start operation sequence,   it doesnt work.

------------------------------------------

I looked deeper :

Matrix calculation,

I have this variables:

X Z Y (array) , and values are already set.

global rotation_matrix

x0 -3.0616169978683826e-016 x1 -1.0 x2 2.0 
y0 -1.0 y1 6.1232339957367648e-017 y2 -1.2246467991473532e-016
y0 -2.4492935982947059e-016 z1 -2.0 z2 1.0

ok.

after  MTX3_init_x_y_z X Y Z rotation_matrix

just make roation_matrix an array.

and I get in rotation_matrix array this:

62 R 1.0 0.0 0.0
63 R 0.0 1.0 0.0
64 R 0.0 0.0 1.0

wrong. why?

because sometimes I get xyz values to rotation_matrix values correct and calculation of spatial angels is succes.

If I use XYZ arrays into spatial angles calculation directly - angles are calculated, but strange/wrong...

rotation_matrix array failed , when I bypass it, spatial angles calculation also failed.

Any Idea?

Where can be problem? In switching kinematics or in base of calculations?

Thank you

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #
8 REPLIES

Re: Switching kinematics issue

Phenom
Phenom

As far as NX sending valid positions after a switch of kinematics - I believe it does not happen until the next "MOM_msys" event is sent from NX (at least it used to be the case.) For this reason - "Head" ude's had to be placed on a parent object to an operation. At some point along the way - a lot more MOM_msys's started being issued - maybe at the start of every operation. Timing to changing kinematics had some problems to overcome at one time - maybe they are not an issue lately. Another possibility is that NX does not see a valid solution after the change and is not making that obvious. NX will not put anything reliable in the variables when that happens.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

Also - I am not familiar with the Heidenhain (is it) post code OTB - but if it is using MTX3 math functions it may not have any relevance to change kinematics. Either NX is giving you positions or you are calculating them yourself - and if so - may use some of the math funtions (like the MTX3 matrix ones) to do so. Heads with 45 degree may require a machine model to communicate that for NX to make a valid calculation. I remember that at one time a kinematic variable driven solution (mom_kin vars) was only possible with an "Advanced Kinematics" license. If instead vector based programming approach is used - the post doesn't need to know much. I am trying to determine how I will do one now.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

Thanky you for reply.

this is output after switching kinematics:

38 L  A-180 C+270 FMAX --- OK  
PLANE SPATIAL SPA+0 SP+0 SPC+0 TURN FMAX SEQ- TABLE ROT  __WRONG

this is kinematic set in PB general tab:

38 L  A-180 C+270 FMAX --- OK  
PLANE SPATIAL SPA+0 SPB-90 SPC+90 TURN FMAX SEQ- TABLE ROT OK

And I finally get it!!!

The same inputs into spatial angles calculation... ?? ....NO Smiley Happy

When you set in PB general tab 4th ax vec like 101 (other),

internaly it is =0.70710678118654746, 0, 0.70710678118654746

But I switched kinematics in CMD this way - set 4th ax vec to 1 0 1 - wrong.

Now I switched kinematics with  0.70710678118654746, 0, 0.70710678118654746

and it finally works.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to use the unit vector, vector with length 1 unit, I think there is a MOM function that returns the unit vector.

See "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\postprocessor\ugpost_base_math.tcl" for a list of available functions.

VEC3_init 1 0 1 myVector
VEC3_unitize myVector unitVector
VEC3_is_equal unitVector mom_...
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Phenom
Phenom

yes, I agree,

set myvector(0)                "1"
set myvector(1)                "0.0"
set myvector(2)                "1"
VEC3_unitize myvector mom_kin_4th_axis_vector

works.

For example I know this functions and where they are because I saw them in use and after years I found them.

But how do people now know that these function exist in NX and where to find them?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Juraj wrote:

For example I know this functions and where they are because I saw them in use and after years I found them.

But how do people now know that these function exist in NX and where to find them?

See the NX documentation Smiley Wink

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Phenom
Phenom

thanks, I was trying "VEC" to search but without succes for CAM and forget to tried *VEC*.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I searched for VEC3_, since Solr doesn't need wild-cards Smiley Wink

In generally anyone creating posts should attend a post-processor training, since usually there is a trainer with experience.

In addition one should read the entire documentation about PB and lately of PC too.

A good post-processor development tool should not force one to do a huge amount of fine tuning of the post-processor after its creation.

Learn online

Solution Information