cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Manager - version change and now won't open?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi All,

I seem to be coming into quite a few part files where someone programmed the job and used sync manager in version NX7.5 - and now I have it open in version NX8.5 and post and in the step that it forwards to sync manager I get "Internal error: memory access violation" and it kicks out of manufacturing. Has anyone had any experience like this? I am thinking I will have to look at the former output and rebuild all sync data.

Log file says:

*** EXCEPTION: O/S ERROR: signal  11 in line 1940 ....

Dan

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro
3 REPLIES

Re: Sync Manager - version change and now won't open?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Look in the syslog (help -> NX Log file, or similar depending on version) to see if there are any post errors.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please contact GTAC and share a sample part file that exhibits this behavior; create an AVI that shows the all steps that you take until you get the internal error and share a syslog file so that GTAC can determine if the problem is in the post or in core CAM.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM development

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Ken,

The line I show above was about all the log file said.

Tom,

This problem does seem to be postprocessor/machine related. After I loaded the best match for sim machine/post example - it went into sync manager without the error. I didn't work on this machine originally - but will play around with creating a new machine/post to experiment. I know that to open sync manager - the post is run. It could be that the normal error checking is not as robust in this run and doesn't abort with logging. If I can't figure it out - I will definitely contact GTAC.

Thanks, Dan

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information