Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

T Cutting a Groove

Hi, I was wondering if someone had a good way to cut this groove for my part. I want to use a 3in Diameter, 1/8" Thick T Saw for this process. I want it to stepover 1/4" and I want it to overlap a little bit into the hole the groove intersects with. Is there an easy operation I could use to do this?

I will attach a prt file. The area in question is Red. Ignoore the part of the groove that extends to the others of the hole. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: T Cutting a Groove

I used groove milling. Since it needs a "wall", I selected the vertical wall on the other side of the hole, then set wall stock=1.  You can see the removal volume in the first picture. 

groove_mill_wall_selection.jpggroove_mill_wall_stock.jpg

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎01-19-2017 07:26 AM

or planar mill

*pattern profile

*additional passes

*negatie stock in edit boundary member

---------------------------------------------
#♫ PB, 5ax, itnc, nx, vericut ♫ #

Hi Mark,
Could you upload a .prt file with that path in it so I could look at your settings? I can not get mine to work like yours.
Thanks.

Hi, For some reason I wasn't able to get the planar mill option to work because I would have done exactly what you did. After retrying it, it magically worked again...

Thanks

Imperial wrote:
Hi Mark,
Could you upload a .prt file with that path in it so I could look at your settings? I can not get mine to work like yours.
Thanks.

Here you go ...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thanks

Learn online

Solution Information