Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TDM>NX Interface

[ Edited ]

I'd like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Dustin and I am the implementation lead at my shop for TDM Systems (Tool Data Management).

For those familair with TDM, I have set up technology index's in TDM for a tool assembly based upon the tool cutting grade, the work piece material, and the cutting technique of the tool. I am able to get the parameters to show up in NX by opening up an operation, assigning a method, and selecting feeds and speeds. From here, I select the drop down menu and choose reset from table. If there is only one technology setup for that tool assembly, the fields will populate from the table in TDM. If there are multiple technologies (Slot Mill, Slab Mill, Trochoidial Cutting, etc) the parameters for each type of cutting is shown (see attached word document). My real question boils down to the customization of the dialog box that appears when choosing reset from table. Only the SFM and the IPT are shown in the dialog box and I would like to see more of the data from TDM.

Any TDM users out there that can shed some light on this issue, or share any information on the interface between TDM and NX?

Thank you in advance for reading, and taking the time to help when applicable. I look forward to adding this community to my arsenal of tools to get this implemented for the company!

Dustin Beaulieu
TDM Implementation Lead
TDM 4.7, NX 9.0, Vericut 7.3.1, Solidworks 2014
8 REPLIES

Re: TDM>NX Interface

Is anyone out there using TDM in the U.S.!? I guess that would be a good place to start.

Dustin Beaulieu
TDM Implementation Lead

Hi Dustin,

Have you tried contacting the TDM help desk?

I also have another avenue, if necessary.

Thanks!

Dave

Hello Dustin,

we are using NX8.5 (NX10) with TDM.

First: I think, that this dialog comes from NX, not from TDM, so I suppose this dialog can't be customized.

Second: What do you like to see? I've never had the desire to see more than the speeds and feeds for this tool and the choosen part material.

Werner

jobe wrote:

First: I think, that this dialog comes from NX, not from TDM, so I suppose this dialog can't be customized.

Werner

@jobe, The Feeds and Speeds dialog is from NX, but I believe Dustin is asking about the results dialog that shows a list with columns. This dialog is from the NX/Library system, which is customizable using the tcl and def files.

TDM is not a partner, but I would guess that they are redirecting the action of the "Reset from Table" button in our dialog by replacing the feeds_speeds.tcl file with one of their own.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

We only get this if we are doing "Reset from Table":

(view in My Videos)

These values are this from the TDM-Library:

Dustin, do you really see this result-dialog-window? Do you have to choose one of the values?

Perhaps it comes from that we are working only with the method "DRILL" or "MILL".

Yes, TDM has customized the tcl- and def-files. But we don't get this dialog-window as result.

Werner

Werner,

If we have multiple technologies setup for the same class/group, cutting material and part material, we see every instance in the dialog that I posted earlier. If there is only one technology that matches all of the parameters listed above, then the table in NX updates and a dialog box does not appear (as in your video). At this time, my request is not essential for us to be successful, it is more of a request.

We are working with TDM on some other issues at this time that are more of a priority, Once these are fixed, I may be back to re-hit on the topic.

Thanks for the help!

Dustin Beaulieu
TDM Implementation Lead

We have asked for Depth and Width cut to be added to the list. 

We currently put it in the Procedure name.

Feed/Speed selection is useless without the process parameters.

We asked for the menu display enhancement from TDM, not NX.

Learn online

Solution Information