cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap feedrate output in 3 decimal

Genius
Genius

Hi,

I am using NX 6 Post builder version. While taking output for tapping operation, I am unable to get the feedrate in 3 decimals. Its just showing output in round figure.

e.g I need output like F250.018, current output F250.000

Any help ?

Thanks in advance !

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9
8 REPLIES

Re: Tap feedrate output in 3 decimal

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For dealing with feedrates, I like to use:

"Program & Tool path" tab -> "Program" tab -> Tool path -> Machine control

scroll down to find  (blue) "Feedrates" button and click on it

You can directly edit every type of feedrate (format, max/min, etc.)

You can also set feedrate modes (xPM/xPR/DPM/FRN) and for cycles "auto"

FRN = inverse time.

But this doesn't sound like your issue (if you are getting 250.000)

I'd either use the review tool or Moog_Show_Globals to see what the actual variable values are (feed, mom_feed_cut_value, etc.) to see if the post is receiving the correct value (and not formatting it properly)  or if not, what value is it receiving. 

Hope this helps...Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

If you are getting 250, then I agree the decimal places are not correct.

But you are getting 250.000, so the decimal places look correct at 3.

Where in the operation do you see 250.018 ?  

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Thanks Ken for your reply. Please see image attached. I have set all feedrates as you suggested.

I think the issue is with NX 6 post builder because when I output using post built in NX 7.5, it works fine with same settings.

My question to you --Can I use NX 7.5 post files to take output for operations in NX 6 ?

Best Regards,

Mak_Jo

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Genius
Genius

Hi Mark,

Please see attached images.

Best Regards,

Mak_Jo

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a bug, but given the versions involved (plus it is fixed in PB7.5) it's probably not worth reporting.

Yes, it is OK to use posts created in a different version of PB than the version of NX you are using to program, just be aware that new feature support might be lacking (e.g. PB9.0.x now supports outputting lathe rough operations as a cycle call.  But this requires features in NX9 operations, so if you use NX7.5 to program you probably won't be able to take advantage of it)

I currently am using posts created with PB3.4.1, 3.5.2, 5.0.2, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 7.3, 7.5, 9.0.2, and 9.0.3 (and maybe an 8.x) with NX7.5.  (I'm hoping when we go to NX9.0.3 this coming year I'll have an opportunity to consolidate to PB9.0.x for all)

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Glad to see it's something we fixed a long time ago.

Like Ken suggests, I would recommend using a new (i.e. supported) version of Post Builder to maintain your posts.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

markrief wrote:
I would recommend using a new (i.e. supported) version of Post Builder to maintain your posts.

See SFB-NX-8110 for the list of supported NX releases.

BTW, NX6 and NX7.5 are no longer on that list, so better you use PB 8.5.3 at least.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I got the solution for my problem. Instead of defininig feedrate inside "cutting parameters", user need to define feedrate inside "drilling cycle parameters" while defining drillign cycle (for all types of drilling cycles). If we do not define there, it will output default "250.000" feedrate. When you cross check the feedrates, it will show correct feedrate at both the places..i.e. in cutting feedrate & inside drilling parameters, however output will be "250.000"

Best Regards,

Mak

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Learn online

Solution Information