cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telescopic machine protection simulaion (ISV)

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hello everyone.

I have a question. I create an assembly model which is part of an future ISV. I want to create te simulation of the protection (movement when the table are moved).

Can you help me do to this. The only way that i found to do this is whit the motion simulation, but i could want this in the ISV.

OBS: NX 8.5

Whit best regards.

Marco Antonio Rodrigues Silva

SIEMENS

PG SU AM BRA MF PR&M

Industrial Applications - Steam Turbines

Av. Eng. João F. G. Molina, 1745, CEP 13213 080

Distrito Industrial - Bairro Engordadouro, Jundiaí - SP

(Phone : +55 (11)   4585 - 1275

(Mobile : +55 (11) 99745 - 0738

E-mail: marcoantonio.silva@siemens.com

16 REPLIES

Re: Telescopic machine protection simulaion (ISV)

If this is future ISV, can you do this in the machine tool builder? The machine kinematics are assigned there, and you can define the axis limits and jog the axes to see the motion. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Pioneer

Hi Mark.

yes, in the near future, this will be a ISV. But in this way, i need to define a kinematic for each segment of the telescopic protection. My idea is use resources of the assembly to create this constrain, and then, when i move the table and axis with the ISV, automaticaly the movement of the protection are executed.
We have some way to do this? (Without kinematic model, only with assembly ??)

marcoarsilva wrote:

Hi Mark.

yes, in the near future, this will be a ISV. But in this way, i need to define a kinematic for each segment of the telescopic protection. My idea is use resources of the assembly to create this constrain, and then, when i move the table and axis with the ISV, automaticaly the movement of the protection are executed.
We have some way to do this? (Without kinematic model, only with assembly ??)

Sorry - I misunderstood. You mean the telescoping way covers? That I don't know about :*(

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Pioneer

Sorry for the way i'm expressing.

The "telescopic protection" is the cover of the machine. This is what i need to move with the machine axis. I created a 3d model that can do what i need, but, in the assembly, i don't know how i create a move when the bodies get colision with another. In other words, i want a way to move the 3d bodies only creating the constraints in the assembly, and then, this constraints are inherited to the machine tool builder (ISV). Do you understand now?

telescopica-21.png

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Why not just make a simple block with the biggest size of the protection, so that the collision can be checked against the biggest volume the protection can get.

I have always kept the machine models as simple as possible, so that the collision checking is fast and painless.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Siemens Pioneer

Hi Stefan.

I know that the simple is the best way to verify colision. I have a lot of ISV machines with simple blocks to verify colision. My idea is verify if have a way to make the complete simulation, with the moviment of the covers. 

Thanks for you for your colaoration. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This is (perhaps) another area where if CAM started supporting expressions, then the model could update as the expression for the axis (Y or Y or whatever) changes.

I'm wondering, however, if this would have a huge impact on performance...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Pioneer

@Ken_A, i developed a lot of api's for NX CAM with java, c#, etc..., and, if NX started supporting parametric expressions in CAM, it would be almost perfect (except by the 2d simulation).

But, in my specific case, if NX recognize the assembly as a solid components and create a motion when one body get contact with another, will be a great evolution.

The impact on perfomance using parametric expressions in NX CAM are significant if you modify parameters of models. If you modify values of constrains, i believe that could be supportable.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think that you might have to specify each of the parts of the cover as a separate kinematic component and use the anycontroller language to move the parts separately.

I can't think of any practical use for making the simulation more difficult than needed, even for just a demo it is not practical.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information