Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The parser for Machine Configurator Controller for the machine Okuma (CNC - OSP300)

Hi All! Hi Tomas!

I'm having different problems with a parser for the machine Okuma (CNC - OSP300).

NX (Machine Configurator) has no quality parser for Okuma. There is only one default "sim05_mill_5ax_okuma". It is bad enough.

But at the same time we have a lot of options of basic parsers for Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain. It's good! But for Okuma (OSP200, OSP300) ... This is a problem!

Will the future really working parser for Okuma in the future as for Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: The parser for Machine Configurator Controller for the machine Okuma (CNC - OSP300)

[ Edited ]

Hi Alexis,

let me first of all set a correct wording, so that we speak the same.

• there is no, as you said, "Machine Configurator Controller" --> Machine Configurator is a software tool from Tecnomatix to create or modify "Machine Configurations Files" (MCF) and "Controller Configuration Files" (CCF)
  • When you create a MCF file you can select a controller specific Parser
  • We ship different parsers with NX as DLL´s and since NX9 for Fanuc, Heidenhain and Okuma as "Phyton Parser"
  • in future it is possible to modify/enhance these Parsers by your own or create a new one from scratch if you want
  • Plan is to do the parser enhancements only on the Python Technology in the future (Currently it´s covered for Okuma, TNC and Fanuc)

What do you mean with "NX (Machine Configurator) has no quality parser for Okuma. There is only one default "sim05_mill_5ax_okuma". It is bad enough." ? What problems do you address with this? Do you get error messages? Please let us know in detail what you need. Without detailed feedback/request you can´t expect a detailed answer.

Re: The parser for Machine Configurator Controller for the machine Okuma (CNC - OSP300)

Hi Tomas! When you were with us (in spring - Ekaterinburg, Russia), you (or Thomas, I don't remember) said that the parser Okuma has not completed yet final. It seems like it will be done by next year. Or have I misunderstood you?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]

I think there was a misunderstanding. However, the functionality is not comparable with the Sinumerik 840D parser. The parser will grow in the future like any other parser too. With the configurable parser technology, we offer that everyone can enhance the parser if he wants to. With that you don´t have to wait for a NX release. If you need a enhancement, call GTAC that they can create an ER or do it by your own in future (unfortunetaly you have to wait for the release of the python parser). But you don't have to wait for a "final completion" of the Okuma parser!

Thanks for the answer!
What would you recommend as a "starting point" for further elaboration for Okuma-CNC, base CSE-driver?
I guess, should I use only existing in our database - "Okuma.CCF" and "sim05_mill_5ax_okuma.MCF"? Are there other variants?

Hi! Sorry for the obtrusiveness!

What would you recommend as a "starting point" for further elaboration for Okuma-CNC, base CSE-driver?
I guess, should I use only existing in our database - "Okuma.CCF" and "sim05_mill_5ax_okuma.MCF"? Are there other variants?

[ Edited ]

Hi Alex,

it depends on what you or the customer needs. A good starting point is a well prepared kinematic model with inculded axis and channel data, the basic.ccf, the Okuma.ccf and a new created MCF for modifications or enhancements of controller functions. 

ThomasF

Learn online

Solution Information