Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Thread Milling engagement method.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Agile Software development is supposed to be more focused on customers needs, getting the software fully functional.

Based on a forum reply from Siemens, if an ER is important we should get "crowd" support.   If you agree, Kudos AND submit to GTAC to be added to the ER.   If not important to you ignore.   I know the forum is a limited number of users but we are giving it a try.

Threadmilling needs more control of entry moves.   For harder materials Thread mill vendors recommend a relatively long slow engagement instead of a short, abrubt engagement.    We have tested this in our shops and it does make a difference in life and breakage.  Often critical in small diameter threaded holes.

We turned in ER 9239660 to improve the Entry capability in Thread Milling.  To allow us to define degrees of arc for entry and a beginning offset distance from wall.  Something to allow a long, gradual entry.   See mockup picture attached.

Reasons.

We need it for successful thread milling of small threaded holes

Support of good machining practice.

This is not a unique process, similar function is supported by other CAM vendors. 

Thank You

Update, I corrected the ER number. VERY SORRY, all the more reason we need the ER link listed below.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thread Milling engagement method.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It might help if the ER was published here on the forum by siemens with a "Me Too" button like we already have.  it would make it easier to be added.  i would defeniy have clicked on it Smiley Happy

Damian Forsythe
Impact Manufacturing Group
NX 10.0.3.5

Re: Thread Milling engagement method.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree.

ER button to be added to Forum submitted to Forums, Community Suggestions and GTAC.   Smiley Happy

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Community-Suggestions/Enhancement-Request-Link-in-th...

Learn online

Solution Information