Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread milling Mirror

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I create Thread milling for LH for shown part and there is no issues. I mirrored tool path for opposite part. In the mirrored thread mill  I changed cut direction climb to conventinal. Then I am getting RH thread instead of LH.

What's my wrong and how to get same thread type without re picking the geometry for opposite part

Regards,

Ganesh

4 REPLIES

Re: Thread milling Mirror

Change the thread type to RH and conventional cut, then when you mirror it the path will be LH and climb cutting.

Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

I can accept this but if anyone open file later might they get confuse because shown part thread type is LH and opposite does RH. Even i am also following same way but I would like to is there any other way to simplify

Regards,

Ganesh

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just rename the operation and write MIRRORED_RH_FOR_LH_THREAD

Anyone opening anyone elses file is going to be confused anyway. Ever open a file and see all the operations named copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_

We have developed the ability to mirror hole and thread milling operations, without affecting the cut direction or thread direction. This is available for preview in 9.0.3 MP1 and newer.

What is it?

You can mirror Hole Milling, Hole Chamfer Milling, and Thread Milling operations to more efficiently machine hole patterns that are mirrored through a plane. The mirrored operations are associative copies of the original operations and maintain the same cut direction and thread hand as the original operations.

If you are interested, ask GTAC for the information on "Preview: Machining hole patterns that are mirrored through a plane" in the "NX 903 MP1 CAM Early Adopter Program preview projects" document.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information