Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Thread_milling retract position

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Please see the attached file and verify the tool path for M8_1 operation.

Why the retract distance between passes are different for each hole?

It retracts to safety plane for holes number 1 and 4, but retracts to hole top surface for holes 2 and 3.

How can I change the settings to retract to hole top surface for all holes?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Majid

Majid
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thread_milling retract position

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Ji Majid,

This happens -in most cases- when a collision is found (direct collision with tool or with clearance around tool (e.g. holder clearance)

When I regenerate your operation (note that your part file as attached doesn't contain geometry) then all 4 holes go identical (as -without geometry-no collision will be detected for 1 & 4)

ThreadMilling.JPG

Off course you could switch off the collision check for non cutting but this check is there to get your attention. Something might be wrong. Maybe it is just the holder safety clearance that can be reduced for your application but maybe it is a real problem.

Without complete data including the part geometry file I will need to guess if part or check geometry is defined in the neighbourhood of holes 1&4 that cause a reject of the retract to the top of the hole (and instead execute a backup move to the clearance plane above). 

Thanks,

Toon

Re: Thread_milling retract position

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Yes Thats right. The problem is collision with the part. I realized that I have defined an object as part. It is hidden. When removing the part, everything works fine.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Majid

Majid

Learn online

Solution Information