Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool Axis Interpolate Vector

When using this tool axis mode is there a way for the vectors to remain associative to the geometry used to define them instead of being locked down to a fixed vector.

Thks, Eric

6 REPLIES

Re: Tool Axis Interpolate Vector

It depends on how you define the vectors. 

If you rotate the CSYS by dragging at the point then the vector is fixed.

If you use a vector method that is related to geometry, such as Curve/Axis or Face/Plane Normal, it should be associative to the geometry you select. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

That is what I expected too. I set up a test part of a pocket with lines pointing inward at the corners. I am using a surface area drive method with the pocket floor as the drive geometry and the corner lines for the tool axis vectors. When I adjust the angle of the lines the operation does not need regenerating and when I check the tool axis vectors they have been set to fixed.

Thnx for quick reply, Eric

RKYMNT8560 wrote:

That is what I expected too. I set up a test part of a pocket with lines pointing inward at the corners. I am using a surface area drive method with the pocket floor as the drive geometry and the corner lines for the tool axis vectors. When I adjust the angle of the lines the operation does not need regenerating and when I check the tool axis vectors they have been set to fixed.

Thnx for quick reply, Eric

Interesting... It works for me with face normal, but not picking a line or datum axis. If this is critical, please log a call with GTAC. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Don't know what happened in NX 11.0.1.11 but interploate vector is completly messed up.

There's no way you can add a additional vector. When you select a point the system uses the screen position instead and changes it to fixed. No matter what selection intendent you choose.

The created default vectors can be orientated to a line, but no way I can add an extra vector.

Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.0

Try clicking on the "add new set" button right above the list of vectors. I still don't see how to make the vectors associative as everytime I change the vector type it reverts back to "infered" before I can pick anything.

Eric 

Just for the record:

Your recent call to the Global Technical Access Center, Incident has been researched by our TAC software engineers who have determined that this requires resolution by our NX development team. This was converted into a problem report (PR) on14-MAR-2017 and is now referenced as PR Number 7977167, with a priority code of 2

Patrick Delisse
KMWE - DutchAero
NX11.0, CAMPOST V22, Vericut 8.0

Learn online

Solution Information