Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool Axis - dynamic toolhandling

Hi all,

I'm trying to use dynamic toolhandling in the tool axis tab in operation planar mill. I was expecting to see the tool in the spindle and by moving the tool the whole machine moves along within the machines limits. This doesn't happen. Only by tilting the tool, I get a warning this isn't possible. I've seen examples where the tool is in the spindle and the machine moves along. I want to use this to check if the limits of my machine are reached in the operation.

Thanks in advance

Niek Eilering

Weir Minerals

using

NX10.0.3 MP11

Teamcenter 10

2 REPLIES

Re: Tool Axis - dynamic toolhandling

Planar milling is not a multi axis operation, it is strictly fixed axis.

Best is to use one of the more recent operation types, like variable contour, which are true multi axis operations.

Floor wall should be supporting this in a better way too or cavity milling, which are better replacements for planar milling.

Check the example you have seen for the type of operation used.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Tool Axis - dynamic toolhandling

Be sure to turn on the Preference : Manufacturing > Visualization > Dynamic Machine Tool Positioning > [X] Dynamic Tool Axis.

You should be able to set the fixed tool axis in a planar milling operation using Dynamic, and see the machine tool position. To verify this, open one of the sim08 samples and edit one of the planar profile operations.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information