Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool Length Compensation in IS&V subprogram

Hello,

We have 5 axis machines which use Blum probing and tool measurement cycles. I'm trying to machine simulate a very basic respresentation of these measurements with a subprogram call. Rather than taking Blum's macro files and trying to incorporate them into our simulation files, I'm creating basic sub programs to tell the tool to go over to the measurement laser at a fixed location (relative to my machine zero) and bring the tool tip down to a certain Z height. However I can't seem to figure out a way to bring in the length of the holder plus the length of the tool to adjust my Z value. I've looked through the CSE documentation and I think I would have to use the AnyController language to interrogate the tool number but I don't think I have access to MOM variable here. Below is my basic subprogram as well as a screenshot of the simulation during the subprogram call.

20160325 TLO Subprogram.jpg20160325 Laser and Tool.jpg

The spindle face goes where I tell it to in X, Y and Z of course but I don't know how to adjust my Z value to compensate for the tool and holder length. This is possibly an easy fix but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

3 REPLIES

Re: Tool Length Compensation in IS&V subprogram

You may be able to output this via Fanuc variables.  Your post would be set to output this info only while in simulation.

EX:

global mom_post_in_simulation

global mom_tool_length

global mom_holder_step_length

global mom_holder_number_of_steps

set holder_length (build the length from totalling the step lengths)

if {$mom_post_in_simulation == "CSE"} {

MOM_output_literal "\#998=$mom_tool_length"

MOM_output_literal "\#999=$holder_length"

}

Your AC program can easily access the data in variables #998 and #999.

Good luck

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation

Have you activated a tool offset(D1, H1, etc.) in your program at this point?  Using ISV with siemens control the simulation would drive the spindle nose until a length offset was activated. 

D1 tool offset activated driving tool tip

D0 no tool offset active drive spindle nose

Thanks for the replies. I actually got this to work yesterday. I'm not 100% why it works but here is the code for this subprogram:

20160330 Subprog.jpg

The H1 will work for any tool that is in the spindle. I'm guessing it grabs #11 from the control regardless of which tool we're on. I do output a G49 before I run this subprogram but I turn my G43 back on in line 2 above. I then turn the tool length comp off in line 4.

Thanks for your help.

Adam

Learn online

Solution Information