Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tool Library Management

@Dstryr wrote:

Is there a way to manage a "template" file across multiple machines?

Say you have a template with 40 tools preloaded but for some reason you need to change things around.

However your old programs are already done using those 40 tools.

Is there a way to link the files so that the tool magazine is update across files? So if you open another old file later on it will tell you "Hey... someone moved tools around and some are missing"

If the tools are loaded in the machine, and you replace the machine in the setup, the tools are mapped to the new machine through a set of rules. So if a tool is not in the new machine, it is put in a pocket. If it is in the machine in a different pocket, then the existing tool is used.

If you are using the pockets as intended, you should not need to change the operations, since the tool remains the same, just a different pocket, and the tool number should be inheriting from the pocket. Of course if you override the tool number inside the operation, it will not change.

As an example, if you had the same 40 tools in 2 different machines in different pockets, you should be able to replace the machine in your setup.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

I tested your advice about FBM but I found some problems.
I tried to put two tools (with the correct classification and the correct dimension) in the part file in the machine tool inside the operation navigator but FBM choose different tools (inside the same tool class in the library).

What I have to do?

For these reason i would like to know how I can understand how FBM choose the tool. I know that there are different class and conditions about the tool dimension in MKE but in the library there are different tools with suitable attributes. For a single operation there are different tools in the libraries wich respect the conditions. I think that FBM will choose the tool with the biggest Diameter or with the lowest lenght.

Thank you

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

FBM will only use tools that are retrieved from the library.

FBM will retrieve new tools from the library, if it can not find a suitable tool in the part file, that has been retrieved from the library before by the user.

FBM does not use any tool created manually, it only and exclusively uses library tools.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

@Stefan_Pendl wrote:

FBM will only use tools that are retrieved from the library.

FBM will retrieve new tools from the library, if it can not find a suitable tool in the part file, that has been retrieved from the library before by the user.

FBM does not use any tool created manually, it only and exclusively uses library tools.

This is correct: it will search the part first, but it will only consider the tools which are also in the tool library. The reason is that FBM needs the classification information in the library.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information