cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool axis / projection axis = point not associated

Legend
Legend

When doing 5 axis paths using toward point and away from point I like to use a "modeling" point so I can control a bunch of paths together if I need to change the clearances.

I set both points to the same "point" but when I move the modeling point it doesnt update on both fields. I have to manually open each toolpath and redefine. Is this a bug? Something I'm doing wrong?

NX11.0.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Tool axis / projection axis = point not associated

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

How are you picking the points?

Try going into the point dialog, setting filter to "Existing point"?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

That should work - I just tried it to be sure. 

The important thing is that when you select the point, you are establishing the associativity to the geometry. To be sure in this case, I changed the point drop down to  + Existing Point, then picked a point entiity. I edited the point location, generated the operation, and the tool axis updated.Moving the PointMoving the Point 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Should this also work for other types of tool axis control. I can get the thru point to be associative but not the thru line for 4th axis work or the interpolate vector.

Thanks, Eric

RKYMNT8560 wrote:

Should this also work for other types of tool axis control. I can get the thru point to be associative but not the thru line for 4th axis work or the interpolate vector.

Thanks, Eric

It depends - what are you selecting as the "line"?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend

Using existing point doesnt work. one of them doesnt move when the original point is moved.

NX11.0.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'd report that to GTAC - could be a bug?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

When selecting tool axis toward point the point selection is on the main dialog page to select "existing point" and that seems to stick after  you generate - close and then reopen the operation.  When using toward line the the vector and point selections  are on a new dialog page even using "existing point"  after selection - closing - generate and close when you reopen the vector and point selections have been locked down to a fixed location and have lost their association. Please review the attached file to see if you see the same thing or if I have missed something.

Thanks, Eric

Learn online

Solution Information