Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool change in Post Builder

Hi, Everyone!

I have lathe controls and I want tool change in format T0101 ,T0202 ...and in other one T01 D01,T02 D02.How can I set this in automatic tool change?Thank you!

14 REPLIES

Re: Tool change in Post Builder

1) Program & Tool Path -> "Machine control" -> click on the "tool Change" button -> click on "Configure" (in "T Code" section) -> choose just "Tool number" (or other option as desired)

2) Assuming D is "tool adjust" (not just "dia comp adjust", e.g. for G41)

N/C Data definitions -> Word tab -> Scroll down to "H" set leader to "D"

3) Add the "H" word (with "D" leader) to the appropriate block(s).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Thank you for your response.I don't know what version your where preferring to but in 8.5 PB in Program & Tool Path -> "Machine control" ->"tool Change" button I only have the option for setting tool change time in sec. Also for setting tool offset number -address "D" ,when I scrol down  to "H"

in N/C Data definitions -> Word tab, there is no "H" address.I think "H" addres is only used in mill operations for G43 tool offset.

Why is in Sinumerik 840/fanuc lathe PP template -M06 addres in NC code for ATC.If I delete that and try something else I get error,what  I wont is to replace that with T0101 or T01 D01 address format.

Not sure.  It's there in PB9.0.3

Aleksa,

What you are asking is pretty common - I'm sure GTAC or your reseller can walk you through this.

Also, are you familiar the videos on Post Builder? If you are going to continue customizing your posts, I would recommend the. There are several in the Tech Tips area tagged for Post Processing.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Yes, I'm familiar with the PB video, they are great, but unfortunately they don't cover this particular problem. Since this is as you said pretty common, I hope you guys can help me on this one, I would really appreciate that Smiley Happy

1) What "controller" did you use when you created your post?

- generic

- library (which one?)

2) See picture (hopefully attached) .  PB8.x are the few PB versions I DON'T have easy access to.

If I create a new generic lathe in PB9.0.2, I can get the dialog in the picture...

Thank you, we are getting closer where I wanna to be, because I did get T0100.At first I was using the library sinumerik 840, but now in generic post there are options just like in the picture you set. But, as you can see there is still a tool change M06 here with the H00 offset also.
How can I turn off M06/H00?

If you never want the H00 to come out you can disable the word.
From postbuilder:

MOM_disable_address <Address>

Suppresses all output for an address. MOM_force ONCE or MOM_force ALWAYS is ignored while MOM_disable_address is active. MOM_enable_address cancels MOM_disable_address.
Jake Hardwick
CNC Programmer
Senior Aerospace AMT
Production NX8.5.3.3 Beta testing NX10.0.1.4

Or drag the words from the block(s) involved to the trash.

If it is the only word in the block, drag the block to trash

Or Program & Tool path -> Word Sequencing tab -> Click on words you don't wantto toggle their output to "Suppressed" (although if they are the only word in a block, it won't let you do this until you delete the block...and probably you'll have to save/close/reopen the post to then toggle it off)

Ken

Learn online

Solution Information