cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool direction in robot CAD CAM

Creator
Creator

Hello

I wanna define a tool in robotic CAD CAM area but according to attachment, tool direction is -X, while the robot coordinate different. give me a recomend to match the CAD CAM coordinate (attach file 1) with robot coordinate(attach file 2).

Thanks 

5 REPLIES

Re: Tool direction in robot CAD CAM

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Meysam,

The pocket orientation with +X pointing upwards is a strict requirement of the CAM system before we introduced the robots. this is the way how machine tools are modeled for many years and if we break this - simulation and other features would not wor.

the good news is that for Robots we do not have to change that. we can stay with the same definition, but when posting - address the correct frame direction. every post processor has the following seting that will take care of it:Spindle Direction.jpg

Please try it and let us know if this resolves the problem

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Hi

That wasnt useful

I fixed it by use s head between tool and spindle.

Thank you

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have the same problem, that I couldn't find a solution to fix the connection between pocket and tool to the same configuration as my real robot.

Did you find a solution?

Best regards,

Lars

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Lars,

Not sure what the issue you are facing is, but I can add another piece of information which I hope would not confuse you more:

Also note that the definition of the pocket frame is a full coordinate system, while the post setting only refer to the tool axis direction. The rotation of the frame is done around the Y axis. So in your initial pocket definition make sure that the coordinate system you set has the +X pointing upwards (which you probably already do) and also the +Y direction aligns with the setting of the physical robot.

if this does not help please add more details of the issue you face.

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Creator
Creator

Hi Eddy,

yeah, that was the issue I was talking about and changing the tool vector in the post configuration was the right solution Smiley Wink

But I have another problem with the robotic rules. I will send you a private message because this isn't belonging to this subject here

Learn online

Solution Information