Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library NX 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just started exporting tools to the tool library.  When I go to fetch a tool that I created the information  section Catalog Number has changed.  Is this a glitch or can this be fixed. The first picture is the exported tool and the second picture is the imported tool.

Capture.PNGCapture21.PNG

11 REPLIES

Re: Tool library NX 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Same case for me, looking to tool_database.dat columns, there seems to be no Catalog Number column present. (Both version 10, 12)

I want to join the line also.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Catolog field does not get stored with the tool lib ref...

Legend
Legend

Did you just move to version 10 using an older file. Or are you exporting fresh from a new NX10 file?

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP3 Primarily CAM

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am exporting fresh.   Our company never used a tool library.  This is the first time.  We will be switching to NX 11 in September. 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If I remember correctly, the catalog number is set to the library reference when importing tools.

There might be a customer default to change this or you need to change the Tcl scripts involved in ex- and importing.

What is the catalog number?

Is the catalog number unique, so it could be used as the library reference?

Why must the description and library reference be the same, makes no sense?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Legend
Legend

What version are you on. 

Goto Menu>Help>Logfile

Scroll down and see if you have a miantinance pack installed, or if you are on base version. 

Glenn Balon

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was using the catalog number as information for ordering new tools from our supplier.  I understand that i could change the catalog number to library reference, but then why is there a space for the catalog number?  Why did the catalog number change to the library reference number?    I may change my library number to another unique number. I am just in the experimental stages now.  I'm just trying to find out if there is a fix.  The most important thing is when I export a tool, the tool needs to come back with the same information when I import the tool.  It shouldn't matter what information is there just that it is accurate when we import our tools.

Legend
Legend

It may have been a bug that was fixed in a maintenance release or patch. That's is why I am asking. 

Glenn Balon

Experimenter
Experimenter

I think it is a maintenance pack

NX 10.02.6

Learn online

Solution Information