Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool orientation in NX machine simulation

Creator
Creator

hello all
so i created a 2_axis lathe machine and i'm having trouble orienting my tools in the turret, as you see in the picture below all tools are mounted vertically when i load the machine so any tool placed in pocket_1 works perfectly, however when i rotate the other tools (i click on the tool and choose ''move'', which is most likely not the way to do this) i get collision errors (due to the pocket CSYS and the Tool Tip not being mingled i guess but i'm not sure), i'd appreciate any help possible since i've been struggling with this for a while now
thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES

Re: Tool orientation in NX machine simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Helmi

From your image we cannot see the tool mount junctions. Here is an example showing tool mount junctions on a turrent that rotates with tools.

If you can post an image of your machine with the tool mount junctions showing it will help s understand what is happening.

Regards

Paul

turret_pockets.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

On top of Paul suggestion for turning parameter tool it is essential to know:

1. The orientated based on thw defined work piece spindle coordinate system.

2. in the pockets you have a working angle to tell the system with which angle the turret brings teh tool nto working position.

working_angle.jpg

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Creator
Creator

Thanks Paul and Thomas, the ''specify angle'' feature solved my problem, the tools are now mounted correctly and the simulation is running smoothly

Learn online

Solution Information