Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool path editing help

I am trying to edit my post so it will work with older machines and I am having trouble editing the Tool Path sequences.  For example I have certain lines where I want one letter (ex H0) to be output but others I don't. If I force H0 to output then I get it on both lines and vice versa for hiding it.  Is there some way to selectivly turn it on using the optional command?  I'm not really sure what the optional command does other than create a red circle on the block.  Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks.

P.S.  I can pull together some pictures of what I'm trying to if necessary.

3 REPLIES

Re: Tool path editing help

Optional on a word in a block allows the source variable to be undefined without issuing an error. Have you seen the videos? They are a quick way to get started - and probably building a template is one of the subjects covered. When I started they didn't exist (videos.)

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Basically, you will need to figure out your logic.

i.e. WHY do you need the H0 on the specific line(s)?

E.g. for cutter comp, many machines require the "D" word on the same line as G41/G42.  So you can add a proc that does a "MOM_force once D" to the "cutcom on" event, which will force the D word ONLY when cutcom is being turned on, hence the G41/G42 is being output.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Study wrote:

Have you seen the videos? They are a quick way to get started - and probably building a template is one of the subjects covered. When I started they didn't exist (videos.)

The videos can be found here: http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX/tkb-p/open_forum_1%40tkb/...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information