cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool path parameters controlled by variables?

Legend
Legend

A lot of the time we program conservatively until we see how the first part runs and tweak from there.

For example I'm roughing a 8x8x8 block on the horizontal right now only holding onto it by a .150 deep dovetail with a Technigrip.

First part I'll run .075 deep 75% stepover. There are 12 faces around the part, IE 12 face mill operations. Is it possible to make the DOC = variable 1 and the stepover = variable 2?

After the first part I can just change these settings in 1 place and have all my affected tool paths be ready to regenerate? Really sucks having to go into each 1 by 1 to change the same setting.

NX11.0.1
2 REPLIES

Re: Tool path parameters controlled by variables?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There are examples shipping with NX in the folder %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAM, see any of the CycleAll samples as a starting point.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Tool path parameters controlled by variables?

It depends on how you make the "other" 11 operations.

If they are pasted with reference, then you only have to change the first (parent) operation.

You could probably do something similar with instances.

If you always want to mass edit the same parameters, like Stefan said, use a journal.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information