Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tool paths for deburring with 270* spherical mills

What do you guys use? Planar and non planar edges to break. No chamfers are modeled on the part.

NX11.0.1
12 REPLIES

Re: Tool paths for deburring with 270* spherical mills

We just use Planar_profile and pick the edge that you want to deburr or use Solid_Profile_3D and select wall top as the geometry to follow.
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Is there a trick with solid profile 3d to get good results without playing with z offset and stock combinations?
NX11.0.1

We have set it up as a template using predefined information that we know produces the desired deburring operation, that way when it is called in you don't need to do much in the way of user input.
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Have you tried using a tracking point on your tool?

I do Planar_Profile and I define a Tracking point on my tool. If you use a Chamfer Mill and NX9 you get some default Tracking Points but you can edit them or create new ones.

Once you do that you don't need to choose floor, just the profile you want to machine and Drive Point, which is the Tracking Point you defined on your tool.

I hope that helps.

I figured out all the planar profile cuts so far but what path would you use on this? Solid Profile 3d does not give good results following top of wall. I've tried Fixed Contour > Curve and profile 3d as well.

NX11.0.1

surface area works well, but you need to model the chamfer, even if its only .005
Ray
NX9.0.3.4 MP1

In my opinion, I think the best way is to do it like CAM_Jockey says, use Profile 3D or Solid Profile 3D in a template with the desired values already set. So you just have to pick the edges and you are done...

This is solid profile. I haven't had good results.

I'll try wave linking the park, modeling some chamfers in areas where planar cuts won't work.

NX11.0.1

What about cylinders and cross holes. Does 3d profile work for that.

Ray
NX9.0.3.4 MP1

Learn online

Solution Information