Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tool radius too large (Postprocessor / Heidenhain / contact counter)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think it has to do with different ways to think about rounding, and/or tolerances set on the arc end point.  I (so far) haven't had a problem with this on Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and Mazak controls.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Should you question the rounding of numbers in tcl or the postprocessor? It might be helpful to output numbers with more (or all) decimals below the normal output.

W10 NX12.0.2.9
testing v1847

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ok, so first topic is about PP output.

Please let me know if you think something in CSE Simulation is missing or incorrect

Thanks

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Thomas,

i don know how to explain. For me is the CSE like a insurance. I program something in my office and like to see what happen outside in the machine. So I belief if the Simulation work complete without any error thats everything is fine. But often if I work with the Cavity Process AND contact counter the people call me.

Primary I like that the CSE show me an ERROR that I saw it before my program go to the machine. Have you a tip what I can adjust in the CSE ? OK not I,but I can speak to our IT. We have the Machine Configurator. Maybe you can make some Screenshots of good or for you working adjusts ? The secound step what I will make the next time, to speakk to our postbuilder to change some small things like Ken etc. wrote before.

I hope you understand my problem.

thx

NC Programmer
NX 11.0.1.11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ok got it.

My intention is to improve the NC Code based simulation of NX CAM ISV and so interested in cases when you say the NC code runs in ISV without error, but cause problems (which ones) on the machine tool.

You can report such thinks to GTAC e.g.

Thanks

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Thomas,

if you are interested you can check IR 7467417 and IR 8279286 on GTAC.

Jan Matousek

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Are there any updates on this topic?

We have the same problems and I wanted to know if any of you guy has found a solution of some kind?

Regards,
Sven

NX11.0.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if this is the same problem or not, but we had the tool radius is too large error on our new 5-axis with a Heidenhain iTNC530 controller. What ended up fixing the problem was changing a parameter on the controller. It was set too tight to allow cutter comp and arcs to work. The machine builder walked me thru how to change it. They may have had it tightened up while they were dialing in the head? I don't know, but as an interum fix I changed my motion output type to line in NX.

Legend
Legend

Hi, to make myself clear on the issue you have, would you please answer below questions?

1) Do you face this issue for every post processed toolpath from NX or its just CAVITY_MILL?

2) What are your tolerance values for modeling tolerance and machining tolerance inside operation in NX?

3) When you put values for tool radius on machine, is it the same as you use in operation in NX?

4) What are the tolerance values set on machine in parameters?

--- If I remember right, there are some parameters in machine control which defines the tolerance for axis movements with respect to programmed values.

Thanks,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

1) I try not to use cuttercompensation with cavity mill.
The operations where I do use it are mainly Planar profile, hole/boss milling and Z-level profile.

2) For the model tollerance I think you are talking about the values below.
image.png

With the machining tollerance inside an operation, do you mean intol/outol?
Standard they are set to 0.01mm, sometimes I change it to 0.005mm depending on the size and the required accuracy/finnisch of the model.

3) The radius in NX and on the machine are the same.

We do use tools that are regrind but the problem occours with both...

4) These values are defined with Cycle 32, below you can find the cyle from the program.

CYCL DEF 32.0 TOLERANTIE
CYCL DEF 32.1 T0.01                             --> 0.01mm Position tollerance
CYCL DEF 32.2 HSC-MODE:0 TA0.05     --> 0.05° Angle tollerance

Regards,
Sven

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information